Wednesday, September 5, 2012

EAST MEETS WEST - BOM Asian-design Fabric

Okay, I will admit it...I am obsessed with Block of The Month projects.

 What a wonderful world we quilters live in! The blog hyperspace is filled with BOM projects. I have learned so much from participating.  Plus, I feel as though I am part of a bigger community while taking part each month. 

 In Las Vegas we have a number of quilt shops. I have my favorites, of course.  One of my favorites  is Quiltique in Henderson, NV.   I love that moment when I enter  Quiltique's shop.  It's like entering a fabric fantasyland.  At Quiltique I am currently part of a "block of the month" class. Each month, under certain specified requirements, each participant receives a new block pattern and fabric to create the new block.   For this project, I decided to choose from the asian-design fabrics.    Quiltique has a huge offering of colorful, gold-speckled asian-design fabrics.  What a delight to walk up and down the aisle to choose my fabrics!

 As of September 2012, block #6 has been completed and I will be take it to Quiltique on Saturday. The rule is, if you complete the prior month's block and present it,  the fabric is free for the next block. Each second Saturday of the month,  I happily head to Quiltique to receive my new block pattern and discover what sewing challenges this next block will bring.  The teacher discusses the new block construction and answers our questions.  We have coffee, donuts and share our latest quilting projects.    Then we literally race through the quilt store to pick our fabrics for the newest block pattern.  Usually additional purchases are made for our stashes--because you can never have enough pretty fabric.  

  Here are my six completed blocks:





This is my inspiration fabric



Beautiful, colorful fabric!

Can't wait to get my next block pattern.....and some more pretty fabric for my stash.  

Come back next month to see my latest block.  


No comments:

Post a Comment