Monday, August 27, 2012

PILLOW TALK


My motto:  You can never have enough pillows.  Or maybe I should say I cannot stop making pillows because I love making quilt blocks.   I peruse books, magazine, look at blogs, and search quilting websites to find new ideas for quilt blocks.  Once I find a interesting pattern, I dash to my sewing machine to try to replicate it.  But usually, I stop at one block which then becomes another pillow top.

Here is my newest addition to my pillow collection.





I found this block pattern on McCallsquilting.com, called "40 Shades of Green".   Instead of different shades of green,  I chose to use one of my charm packs with bright, primary colors.   Normally, I avoid appliqué,  because it's a stressful experience for me.  But  I enjoyed creating this block.  Maybe I will make another using just one color, as the original block pattern suggested.

What's one more pillow!



No comments:

Post a Comment