Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Two Down and Two to Go....Well, Almost.

The piecing of Quilt #2 --for Daughter #2 is getting close to completion.  I chose a simpler pattern and more subtle colors for this quilt, based on the recipient's personality.  The pattern was FREE from www.modabakeshop.com.  The quilt is named, "Wiggly Whimsy", designed by Rebecca Silbaugh of Ruby Blue Quilting Studio.

So here we go with some photos--

Seven panels will be connected with gray background sashing


Closer view.  Fabric used, Basic Gray's Black Dress with spikes of color by Kaffe Fasset

Easy pattern

My first quilt is very bright and modern.  This second quilt is more subdued.  I wanted to make this quilt special in some way.  I find that the choice of backing can add an element of surprise or
"zip" to a quilt.  I searched the online fabric shops and our local fabric shop to find the perfect backing for this quilt.  And I know I have found it!   

Here it is--


As you can see, this is "Poppy Lane" by Timeless Treasures
A news print in black, white and red--perfect for my quilt!

Love, love, love the graphics


I think it adds that "snap" needed for this quilt, don't you?





Other stuff:

Please take the time to visit www.Quiltinggallery.com and read about the Sandy Quilt Block Drive.  The drive asks quilters to volunteer to make one or more log cabin quilt blocks (to certain specifications).  The blocks are easy to construct from  your scraps.  I have made two blocks and they are almost done--just need to add the last row of a solid, dark fabric.

Log cabins blocks for Sandy Quilt Block Drive:




See, you can use any of your scraps and make it colorful!

Have a joyful day and add color to our world with lovely quilty projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment